ILRI JOBS- Programme Management Officer
Vacancy Number: PMO/SLF/02/11
Duration: 2-year contract renewable
Starting salary: KES is 164,000 per month
poverty reduction and sustainable development. ILRI is one of 15 centres supported by the (CGIAR). ILRI has campuses in Kenya (headquarters) and Ethiopia, with other offices located in other regions of Africa (Mali, Mozambique, Nigeria) as well as in ( , Sri Lanka), (Laos, Thailand, Vietnam) and East Asia (China). (ILRI) works at the crossroads of livestock and poverty, bringing high-quality livestock science, communications and capacity building to bear on
ILRI seeks to recruit a dynamic and competent Programme Management Officer to work within the Sustainable Livestock Futures Group and the CGIAR Climate Change Agriculture and Food Security Programme. The person will work closely with various ILRI departments and Units (Finance & Administration, HR, ICT, Resource Mobilization, , etc).
1) Budgets and Accounting
- Preparation of budgets and grant applications
- Management of Grants and Sub-Grants
- Monthly and quarterly budget and expense monitoring
- Preparation of financial reports and;
- Working with the finance department to ensure that all financial reports prepared conform to ILRI and donor guidelines
- Reviewing and drafting documents (e.g. concept papers, proposals and reports) to check conformity to agreed templates and donor requirements
- Maintaining a tracking system to monitor project milestones and status of deliverables and providing reports of these to project leaders
- Preparing periodic reports to program leaders on resource mobilization and staff time allocation, as required
- Coordinating presentations for annual reports, annual planning meeting, internal/external reviews and maintain databases of projects, collaborators and donors
- Preparing and maintaining program web pages on internet and intranet; Facilitating links with other communication functions at ILRI
- Organizing /co-ordinating workshops/conferences
- Development of efficient filing systems and databases for print and electronic files/documents
- Provide oversight on data archive for Projects
- Oversee contracting of consultants and letters of agreements with partners
- Oversee the management and procurement of assets assigned to the programs
- Master’s degree (MPA, MBA, MSc.) and a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field (e.g. Economics, Business Administration, Management, Commerce)
- At least 2 years of relevant work experience respectively.
- CPA 11 or ACCA Level 1 qualification
- Extensive experience in financial management and budgeting for complex, multi-donor projects and programs.
- Strong leadership, interpersonal and team building skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and within a team setting
- Attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience in a multicultural work environment
Job level and salary: This position is job level 3A and starting salary is KES is 164,000 per month. This is exclusive of other benefits provided within ILRI’s National Recruited Staff Scheme.
Applications: Applicants addressed to the curriculum vitae and the names and addresses (including telephone and email) of three referees who are knowledgeable about the candidate’s professional qualifications and work experience should be emailed to: , a cover letter, recruit-ilri-Ken@cgiar.org by 16 February 2011.
The position title and reference number “PROGRAMME MANAGEMENT OFFICER-PMO/SLF/02/11” should be clearly marked on the subject line of the email applications. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
To find more about ILRI, visit our Website at www.ilri.org
ILRI is an equal opportunity employer.
2011 job vacancies,
2011 job vacancies in Africa,
2011 Job vacancies in Kenya,
2011 Jobs in Kenya,
2011 NGO jobs
This entry was posted on 11:49 AM
and is filed under
2011 job vacancies
2011 job vacancies in Africa
2011 Job vacancies in Kenya
2011 Jobs in Kenya
2011 NGO jobs
You can follow any responses to this entry through
the RSS 2.0 feed.
You can leave a response,
or trackback from your own site.
This entry was posted on 11:49 AM and is filed under 2011 job vacancies , 2011 job vacancies in Africa , 2011 Job vacancies in Kenya , 2011 Jobs in Kenya , 2011 NGO jobs . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.
- Social Scientist
- 10 years experience enhancing donor-funded partner organizations’ capacities in strategic planning, financial, administrative, organizational and programming management. Skilled in donor partner organizational assessments and partner capacity building. A 10 years experience in managing development donor-funded projects in the thematic areas of poverty-reduction, governance and democracy, conflict transformation and integration of Gender, Justice and Peace issues into mainstream programs (HIV/AIDS, Agriculture, Water and Sanitation, Emergency)